When Joel discovers he is pregnant to a fibreglass child, he seemingly, loses everything. The support of his family, his friends and his community. But, he gains a daughter. Nan Booberson.
Heart of Fibreglass follows the struggle that faces a fibreglass family. Together, Joel and his two daughters Nan and Cola Tittmeyer, and their pet fibreglass ball, Eunice, tell a story, of a heart, made of fibreglass.
This, is the Nan Booberson Story.
This film was produced in 2009 and launched on Nan Booberson's 2nd birthday - 21st November.
Joel Davies (Himself)
Nan Booberson (Herself)
Cola Tittmeyer (Herself)
Dorothy Davies (Herself)
John Davies (Himself)
Jack Davies (Himself)
Lorenne Ramanauskas (Herself)
Katrina Hill (Herself)
Heart of Fibreglass: The Nan Booberson Story Facts!Edit
- Lorenne filmed this role just weeks after giving birth to her first child, Max. You can hear him cry in the end of her scene, making the actors laugh.
- Heart of Fibreglass was completely improvised, each actor was given a quick brief before filming.
- Joel, Dorothy, Jack and Lorenne all wore wigs. Nan and Cola also both wore wigs, naturally.
- This is the only time you will see Nan Booberson without a wig and Cola's broken leg.
- The photo montage right at the end shows all of Joel's family and friends, including some seen in the Nan & Cola animated films!
- Joel and Katrina's scenes were filmed at Ballarat's Her Majesty Theatre during the South Street Calisthenics Competition.